Monday, May 28, 2007

HELLO >>




I found this animation on atomfilms.com, and felt in love with a beautiful elegant story about the guy with old tape deck instead on his head. He trys to chat with a "CD-player" girl, but because of his old technology he find it quite dificult...but he doesn't give up...
I loved the technique of how it was made as well, it seams so lively and really suits the mood of the animation. Great lightening and music.
The director is Australian Jonathan Nix, Animater, Painter - Great Artist. Here is his website with more work. I found out that this animation won ATOM awards and AFI for the best sound.
The paragraph from interview with J.N.:

"You started with the character, didn’t you?

I did. The character came from a cassette player I have at home. I’d been thinking, “This looks like a little person, and it looks a bit sad”. It was a bit old and it didn’t really work very well. I pitched a completely different story to the class, which no one responded to, and then I just had this little drawing of the cassette head on this little body and I’d written: “This person is lost. This person has trouble communicating”. And that was it.

The class went, “Oh, that’s good. Someone who uses tapes to communicate”. So I swung it round and went with that."

http://www.sleepybrain.net/jonathan-nix/ ( found at 26-05-07)

No comments: