Wednesday, May 23, 2007

>> E4 Fortune Teller

Front Back







The idea slowly developed from E4 pop up flyer. Dear good Simon, suggested me that I also should make some flyer that would be cheaper to produce, as E4 pop up is quite expensive to make. He remembered about the old hand made game he used to play at school with other kids, he was so exited about it, that even tried to make one, but just couldn't remembered how. After seeing him so enthusiastic trying to make that game I thought to myself that's it's probably good idea to make one myself - and call it E4 fortune teller. I think it's straight forward... playful...opens the heart ( brings memories). Suitable for E4 viewers as most of them are 16-34 years old. It also relates to my other work ( animations: involves hands action and looks like a flower).
I have never played this game before in my life, so I couldn't let it go without trying to play it myself. My question was : “If I ever be happy?” and it says: “ no” I never play this game again. It make me realize that I should put a warning on the flyer saying: "Do not forget it just a game". lol

Design Purpose:
  • Keep young and funky style, by using loads of white space, making a contrast with bright colours (e4 symbols) and using "hand writing" font, so it becomes more warm.
  • Make E4 symbol clear and more appreciable. Have instructions at back of the flyer how to make the E4 fortune teller.
  • Easy and fun to use - have instructions at the back.
  • Cheaper to produce.
Software: Adobe Illustrator - I've really enjoyed working with it- it's pretty straight forward, had some language issues as I didn't know the meaning of some tools and after translation it got confused even more, so had to try each option myself and find out what it does - took ages and made loads of mess, but was fun.

Feedback. Easy recognition. Good for all ages. Simple and nice design


No comments: